1. Hardware Requirements
- Windows 2000, XP or more recent
- Mac OS X 10.3 to 10.6.8. OSX 10.7 and 10.8 require a Windows Emulator.
- CD drive
2. You need to insert the CD in the CD drive and leave it in while using the program.
3. Close any open windows or programs before starting The Hockey Sweater.
4. Let the CD drive "settle" before clicking on anything.
5. The Hockey Sweater does not auto-install. You need to install it the first time you use it.
Windows: click on My Computer, then on the CD icon. Next, click on The Hockey Sweater and follow on-screen instructions.
Macintosh: drag I application from The Hockey Sweater CD-ROM to your Applications folder. When it has finished copying, double click on The Hockey Sweater in your Applications folder to start the program.
6. Be patient during the initial loading screen.
7. The Hockey Sweater (THS) requires QuickTime. THS has an installer which looks for QuickTime and if it finds ANY version of QuickTime on your local hard drive, it will not install again. However you do need to have at least QuickTime v.7. Error messages or poor audio quality may result if you do not have QuickTime installed (or that you have an older version of QuickTime). There are a couple of ways to deal with this. You could delete the version of QuickTime that is on your computer and let THS install its QuickTime (see QuickTimeInstaller), or you could download the latest version of QuickTime from their site http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/.
8. THS was designed for 1024 x 768 resolution. To change resolutions, adjust the display setting (in Windows,
Control Panel / Display / Settings).
THS can also be viewed at 800 x 600 resolution. The top Windows toolbar gets cut off at the
lower resolution, but you are always able to exit using the quit button on the bottom menu bar of THS.
Ctrl-Esc also displays the Windows Start menu. At this resolution, it also helps to uncheck "Keep the taskbar on
top of other windows." (Control Panel / Taskbar and Start Menu / Taskbar)
9. If you have problems installing, it is always a good idea to uninstall the software (Windows: Start / Programs /
The Hockey Sweater / Remove The Hockey Sweater), restart your computer, then reinstall, just in case something odd
happened the first time you installed.
10. If none of the above helps, try the CD on a different computer to see if it performs on that computer.
This would indicate that there is something in your computer's configuration that is preventing THS from installing.
11. Once THS has been started, only click when necessary.
12. To open a new section of the program, just make another menu selection. This will automatically
close the page currently open.
13.Windows: If you wish to uninstall / remove The Hockey Sweater, it is recommended that you
choose "Remove Sweater" from the Start / Programs / The Hockey Sweater menu, rather than just deleting files.
Macintosh: If you wish to uninstall / remove The Hockey Sweater, simply drag the Sweater folder to the Trash.
14. If none of the above is helpful, write to us at editions3D@telusplanet.net and describe the problem and tell
us what operating system you are using (Windows, Mac, and what version, such as Win XP etc.) or check our website
for updates www.editions3d.ca/hockey .